How to

It only takes minutes to upload your documents to the app and our team is on hand to support you – it couldn’t be simpler to get started finding shifts.

And just like that, you’re a Florence professional! Welcome aboard.

Registration checklist

Here's everything you need to start booking social care shifts with Florence.

All applicants

Here's what all applicants will need to provide via the app:

The right amount of work experience

Social care shifts

  • Care workers, support workers, and Senior Carers: need at least six months of UK work experience.
  • Nurses: need at least one year of experience as a nurse (UK or international).

NHS shifts

  • Nurses: Need at least six months of NHS experience.

Two employment references

We need to collect a minimum of two employment references covering the past three years of work. These must come from a professional email address.

Multiple references that cover the 3 consecutive years are also welcomed.

From overseas?

If you are from outside the UK, references must be on company letterhead paper and should be attached to an email from a professional address.

Passport or share code

To confirm your right to work in the UK with a right to work (RTW) check, we’ll need either:

British citizens

  • Copy of your passport/birth certificate/proof of NI if you are a British citizen‍
Non-British citizens
We’ll need to show proof of a valid visa:
  • Tier 2 visas – you will also need to submit your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
  • Tier 4 visas – will also need to send in an enrolment letter & course term dates
If you are coming from overseas, you need to provide a sharecode as well. You can get this from the government website using your BRP card) and your valid photographic ID.

Note: We do not sponsor visas. We no longer accept overseas passports for RTW.

Up-to-date enhanced DBS

DBS (England): We need a picture of your enhanced DBS certificate on the update service.

If you’re not registered with the update service, read about how to register and get a new certificate here. You’ll need to pay for your renewal, but after you complete your first shift, we’ll reimburse you.

PVG (Scotland): We need a picture of your PVG certificate

If we need to apply for a PVG, you’ll need to pay for this, but after you complete your first shift we’ll reimburse you.

Two proof-of-address documents

These must be dated within the last three months. Examples include:

  • Council tax letter (within the last 12 months)
  • Bank statements (last 3 months)
  • Utility bill (last 3 months)
  • Driver’s licence (cannot be used for photo ID if being used as POA)

NMC PIN (Nurses only)

If you’re a nurse, we need your 8-digit NMC PIN and expiry date so we can check your registration with the NMC.

Up-to-date training certificates

If you don’t have any of the following certificates, or they’re over one year old, you can complete these for free with Florence Academy.

  • Lone worker training
  • Food hygiene & hygiene awareness
  • Mental capacity act
  • Conflict resolution and complaints handling
  • Safeguarding children
  • Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
  • Adult life support
  • Health & safety
  • Infection control
  • Medication administration (nurses and senior carers only)
  • Face-to-face manual handling
  • Equality & diversity
  • Fire safety
  • Information governance


In addition, nurses wishing to register for NHS shifts will also need to supply:

Immunisation records

We will ask for records to prove you have the following immunisations: 

  • 1 BCG vaccination
  • 2 MMR vaccines
  • 3 HEP B vaccines (we can accept 2 and allow a temporary pass to allow you to work whilst you have your 3rd)

Varicella (we only need proof of this if you have not had chickenpox/shingles).


You will need to upload your CV to the app.


  • Your entire work history and employment information
  • Make sure you explain any gaps in your employment history, e.g. Parental or family care duties, travel, etc.

No CV? 

No problem. We can give you access to our simple CV builder tool, which makes it quick and easy to create a CV. Your consultant will be able to give you access to this once you start onboarding in the app.

Statement of entry (SOE)

We’ll need a copy of your SOE to confirm you can work in NHS facilities.

Fitness to work assessment form

You’ll need to fill out an FTW assessment form, which we provide. We’ll send this to NHS facilities with a copy of your vaccine record.

A new starter form

We will send this short form during the onboarding process. It will ask for information about your medical history, dates of vaccinations, and your consent that occupational health can assess your questionnaire and immunisation report record. This information is required in order to create your Fitness to Work certificate.

National Insurance letter

You must provide official proof of your NI number by submitting one of the following:

  • An official HMRC letter
  • P45/P60
  • Original NI Card

Proof of any professional qualifications

Submission of one of the following:

  • Nursing Qualification (Nurses only)
  • Statement of Entry
  • Qualification date
  • NMC pin number

See what our customers think

If you’re not quite sold yet, why not read some of our latest reviews? Real customers with real experiences of Florence. We’ll let the glowing praise do the talking.

This site is registered on as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.